Issue 17: Special Health Edition 2018
This special Health edition of The Last Post is being released to coincide with the 3-month opt out period for the expansion program created to have the health records of Australians digitised. We are happy and honoured to bring you this special edition of TLP with updates in areas designed to improve the health and life of Australia’s veterans and the wider community.
In this historic bumper issue we look at Elder Abuse, interview Sue Pieters-Hawke, Glenn Kolomeitz, Roy Masters, Ranald Macdonald and Gary Mac. With Robe to Recovery, Tim Page and RSL National.
Lt-Gen Angus Campbell speaks with TLP about his short movie on domestic violence, Silence is the Accomplice. We also speak with sporting great Ian Chappell, actor Noeline Brown, Professor Gillian Triggs and Australia’s national treasure, artist and writer Michael Leunig. Plus regular features.
The last post speaks with celebrity-turned assisted dying campaigner Andrew Denton on proposed law changes designed to give the dying end-of-life options. TLP also speaks with former Men at Work frontman Colin Hay and gardening guru Costa Georgiadis in our new Gardening section. DVA Updates, Health and more.
Interview with Jimmy Barnes. Your RSL at Work special feature. REGULAR FEATURES: DVA Updates, Finance, Travel, Music, Arts & Entertainment, Health, Sport.
Special feature on the RSL Cenetenary. Interview with Australian of the year David Morisson. REGULAR FEATURES: DVA Updates, Finance, Travel, Music & Entertainment, Health, Sport.
In this future-focused issue, we interview new CEOs from RSL National, RSL NSW, Legacy Australia and RSL Care SA. In music and entertainment we interview Iva Davies from Icehouse and Don Walker from Cold Chisel, ahead of their national tours. Also TLP speaks with pop legend and veteran’s advocate Normie Rowe. REGULAR FEATURES: DVA Updates, Finance, Travel, Music & Entertainment, Health, Sport.
- FEATURING: Bill Denny, Graham Cornes, Chris Burns, Ben Schneiders, Anne Waddington-Feather, David Campbell, Sen Ricky Muir, Sen Nick Xenophon
- INTERVIEWS with: Little Pattie, Soldier On’s John Bale, Rock Biographer Mick Wall, Eddie Mc Guire, Tom Keneally, Peter Fitzsimons
- REGULAR FEATURES: DVA Updates Finance, Travel, Music & Entertainment, Health, Sport.
With DVA Updates, Finance, Music and Travel and Health. This Remembrance Day/Summer edition features more interviews with great Australians and stories from Anna Krien, Wendy Squires, Martin Flanagan, Waleed Aly and a look at new South Australian Veterans Affairs Minister, Martin Hamilton-Smith.
- With an amazing career spanning 50 years, war photographer Tim Page talks to The Last Post
- Those magnificent men: Twenty one of our finest World War II RAAF veterans donned their goggles for one last flight in their beloved Tiger Moth
- Free speech is often not so free, Mr. Brandis – Peter Balint
- Adam Goodes Australian of the Year
- Wounds of the past are slowly healing for Vietnam Diggers – Peter Goers
- The story of Polish immigrant Jan – Hutt St Centre
- Remembering and honouring their legacy – Palliative Care
- Kokoda Veteran keeps legacy alive
- Visiting Gallipoli
- Treasure of our Country – Susie O’Brien
- Racism demands action from all of us – Prof. Lucas Walsh
- Anzac Legend – Maltese contribution at Gallipoli
- The Governor-General Energised by Tony Wright – A look at Her Excellency’s work with the community
- The Sound of Breaking Glass – Bridie Smith
- Let’s Chat About Dying – Palliative Care Australia
- Dr Roger Hunt – The Last Post takes a look at one of this country’s leading palliative care specialists
- Circle of Friends by Annie Waddington-Feather
- Nurses exhibition explores the other faces of war
- Australia’s Rising Sun Badge
- Recognising Indigenous Australians in the constitution by Malcolm Fraser
- Never Home For Lunch by Michael Short
- Eurack Avenue of Honour
- Drugs may let us live to 150 by Deborah Smith
- Gallipoli Survey Reveals Artefacts
- How We Should Pay Our Anzac Respects by Greg Kelton
- All Together Now by The Zone’s Michael Short
- Charity role brings purposes to life by Rob Lennon
- Final Honours for Fallen Grandfather by Bridie Smith